Chippendale – Pathway Paving
Yakka was contracted with pulling up and repaving a pathway in Chippendale. Several utilities and service pits were positioned along the walkway and needed to be worked around carefully to avoid damage.
For the Chippendale project, Yakka was contracted with:
- Site establishment as per site program
- Demolition and removal of old pathway
- Laying of new pavers to match previous pattern
- Deco-gold granite compaction around trees
- Paving and red concrete banding of all service pits
As work was conducted in a public area next to a busy road, safety was a number one priority for all those involved. Planning for this project took into account the importance of the general public as well as the possible effect these works could have on the local businesses.