University of Sydney – Stairs
Remedial work is a must in order to ensure buildings are properly maintained and not defected. The Yakka remedial team are capable of providing remedial solutions for all types of problems. At the University of Sydney, there was a set of stairs and attached blockwork wall that were on the verge of collapsing.
In order to prevent this, Yakka Group was contracted to:
- Demolish existing staircase and attached wall
- Reinforce and epoxy side of building
- Pour new concrete slab for base of staircase
- Form new set of stairs with bondek on top
- Supply and install concrete for new set of stairs
- Install new blockwork wall to encase stair
Careful planning was necessary throughout the project to ensure that works we carried out safely. Inductions of all workers we carried out and safety was constantly highlighted as our top priority. It is through these methods that work was carried out safely and efficiently.